Episode 04: Erica Chidi Cohen, Founder of LOOM
For this episode I had the pleasure of interviewing Erica Chidi Cohen who is a doula, a private chef and founder of LOOM. With a doctor and a nurse for parents, the idea of helping others with their health came second nature to her. Erica has a warm and comforting spirit that makes her well-suited to aid and welcome new life into the world. Erica provides services that moms dream of from lactation counseling to prenatal and postpartum classes to guidance on nutrition. Now I can't imagine any mom to-be or current mama not working with her. Enjoy the show!
* What is the mama circle?
* What’s a doula?
* What led her to this work?
* What’s her food philosophy?
* Do we need to prepare our bodies for pregnancy?
* What should mamas stay away from?
* What would Erica cook for a new mama?
* Erica being a witness versus being a teacher.
* What are some things that are helpful for new mamas.
* What to do if your baby isn’t sleeping.
* Who inspires Erica?
* Erica's three tips for living a super life!
Ina May Gaskin
Carriage House Birth